What scholarships are available?
Golden Key offers hundreds of thousands of dollars (USD) through numerous scholarships each year. Click here for a complete list of scholarships available to you.
Who is eligible to apply?
Only Golden Key Members are eligible to apply.
When can I apply?
The online applications are now available for 2015. The deadline dates vary by program. Dates for each program can be found here. Scholarships are added throughout the year, so check the listing periodically.
How can I apply?
Follow the link provided on the website to access the application and create an account or log in using your email address and password.
Are the application deadlines strict deadlines?
Yes. All scholarship applications must be submitted by the indicated postmark or application deadline. The deadline for each scholarship is listed directly to the right of the scholarship name.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
Yes. Golden Key members can apply for any number of scholarships each year as long as the requirements for each scholarship are met. Please review the specific scholarship guidelines for additional requirements and eligibility details.
Can I submit one application form for multiple scholarships?
No. You must fill out the application for each scholarship/award you would like to apply for.
Do I have to be an active member of my Golden Key chapter to apply for a scholarship?
Not in all cases. Some of the scholarships do factor Golden Key involvement as a selection criterion.
Do I have to be in a specific major field of study/faculty to apply for a Golden Key scholarship?
No. Golden Key scholarships are available to Golden Key members of any major field of study/faculty. The achievement awards represent certain fields of study; however, any Golden Key member can apply for these as well.
Are scholarships given at each local chapter?
In the USA/Canada, every year, each local chapter will award at least one scholarship to a chapter member. These scholarships are called the Golden Key Chapter Scholarships. Local chapter leadership chooses the scholarship recipients. Factors for selection include academic accomplishments, leadership in collegiate activities and participation in extracurricular activities (including Golden Key, if any, work and family commitments and community service.) Please contact your chapter leadership or your regional office for more information.
When does the online application process close?
All applications must be submitted online by 11:59pm CST on the deadline date. For example, if the scholarship deadline date is 1 April 2014, your application must be submitted by 11:59pm CST on 1 April 2014.
How and when will I receive notification?
• Once winners are selected and eligibility requirements are confirmed, they will be notified via email by Golden Key HQ. This email notification will be sent out within 120 days after the scholarship deadline date.
• Non-winner notifications will be sent by email within 120 days after the scholarship application deadline by ISTS.
• Add email@example.com to your email address book or “safe senders list” so these important emails are not sent to your junk mail folder.
• Do not ‘opt-out’ of any email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org or you may not receive vital information regarding your scholarship applications.
Note: Your email address will only be used to communicate with you about your scholarship applications. We will not provide your email address to any third parties. Decisions of the selection committees are final and are not subject to appeal. No application feedback will be given.
Where and when should I send my supporting documents?
Upload your required documents online. If you do not follow the instructions exactly, your application may not be considered. Your submission must be complete by the stated deadline.
How do I know if my application is complete?
• You may monitor your submission’s status on your home page at aim.applyists.net.
• Allow two weeks after uploading documents for your online status to update.
• A status of “started” means that you have not completed and submitted the online application.
• A status of “online submitted” means that the online portion of your application has been submitted, but any required attachments or supplements (like transcripts or recommendations) have not been verified, and your application is not yet complete.
• A status of “complete” indicates that all required pieces of your application have been received and your application will be considered for the scholarship.
What if I need to make changes to my application?
You may log back into the application and make changes at any time until the deadline. After the deadline you will be able to access a read-only copy of your application; no updates or changes will be accepted after the deadline.
How will I find out the results of a scholarship?
• Once winners are selected and eligibility requirements are confirmed, Golden Key Headquarters will notify winners via email.
• All non-winning applicants for the award will be notified via email by ISTS.
• These notifications will go out within 120 days after the deadline.
• Past experience indicates that emails are sometimes not received or successfully delivered. Be certain to provide us with your most current email address and add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- If you “opt out” of emails from ISTS, you may not receive important information regarding your application.
- ISTS will not use your email for any purpose other than scholarship notification.
Can I receive feedback on my application if I do not win?
No. An impartial selection committee comprised of experienced educators and professionals selects winners. Decisions of the selection committees are final and are not subject to appeal. Upon receipt, the application becomes the property of the scholarship sponsor, and of International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc., the administrator of the scholarship program, and items submitted will not be returned.
Are scholarships taxable?
Tax laws vary by country. For example, in the United States, scholarship funds used exclusively for the payment of tuition or textbooks are normally not taxable. The scholarship recipient is responsible for taxes, if any, that may be assessed against your scholarship award. We recommend consulting your tax advisor for more guidance.
Can applications be faxed or mailed to ISTS?
No. All applications for scholarships and awards using the online application process from ISTS must be submitted online. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
How do I ask for a letter of recommendation?
Golden Key has created a document that will help you know the Timeline to ask a Professor for a Letter of Recommendation.
To assure complete impartiality in selection of winners and to maintain a high level of professionalism, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc., a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs, administers the program.
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, please contact ISTS by email at email@example.com. When emailing please include the name of the scholarship program or sponsor. For questions regarding scholarships and awards that do not require an online application through ISTS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Golden Key HQ will notify Scholarship winners via email within 120 days after the deadline date. After the winners have been notified and their eligibility has been verified, non-winners will also receive an email notification from ISTS.